Since my surgery is coming up next week, I've been researching what my recovery may be like. And since I've had hours and hours on a bus for volleyball this week, I've done A LOT of research!
One blogger wrote about her experience with a laparoscopy and included things to have on hand before you get home from the surgery. You know, things like giant maxi pads, stool softener, etc...
Fast forward to my weekly Walmart trip yesterday. I'm not only having to get maxi pads and stool softeners. We were also almost out of toilet paper (and Lord knows I'll be needing it on Monday when I have to "clear out my bowels") and every kind of food except for Fruity Pebbles.
Then I thought, what if I can't lift anything heavy next week? I better get two bags of dog food.
Next thought was I probably won't feel like cooking. I better load up on easy frozen dinners and lunches.
And oh yeah, I have to eat light on Monday and Tuesday, so I better get some soup and salad.
And what about that little bit of smell that I think is coming from my dishwasher? I won't be able to be home almost all of next week and have that hanging around without losing my mind. Better pick up some dishwasher cleaner, and let's throw in some garbage disposal cleaners for good measure.
This ends up with me pushing a totally full cart weighing at least a thousand pounds (at least in my mind it does) towards the check out lines at about 9:00 at night. As I'm placing all my items on the counter, I'm realizing that my maxi pads, stool softener, and toilet paper are all conveniently right by each other. And then I'm praying that the cashier is too busy scanning and bagging items to realize what I'm buying together.
Add that to the fact that the only fresh food that was in my cart was a bag of apples and some bakery rolls, and I look like a big lazy loser who has some big plans to poop a lot. And about 100 pounds of dog food on top of it all, and I'm also an animal hoarder or a weird dog lady.
Let's just say it was an awkward and expensive Walmart trip this week!
The Backyard Project
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment