With this super-cold weather, I am a part of a three-ring circus every morning. I have to let each dog out (separately so they actually do their business) and move them to a different part of the house.
Bonnie sleeps in the house at night, wherever she pleases. It's usually right on top of my feet so I can't move. In the morning, I let her out for ten minutes. During this ten minutes she zooms off to find something gross to bring into the basement like she thinks I am going to let her keep it. Then I get her food and get her all set up in the basement.
Hank sleeps in his crate in our room. In the morning, I let him out for five to ten minutes. Then I have to let him into the basement into his pen. While Hank is out, I take Roxy out of his pen in the basement and clean it up. I let Roxy and Bonnie out so they can all run around for another five minutes so I can put Hank's crate into the laundry room and put paper down in it (she is there all day, I don't expect her to be perfect) and her food and water in it.
Then, I let all the dogs back in and Bonnie gets to roam free in the basement, Hank gets put in his pen in the basement, and Roxy goes to the crate in the laundry room.
When I get home, I let all the dogs out and clean up any messes they had (and there are always some). Then, I put Roxy into Hank's pen in the basement, put Hank's crate back in the bedroom, and let Hank and Bonnie back into the house only to get up every 5 minutes to let Hank out.
Is this what it's going to be like when I have kids?? If it is, I'm definitely getting practice.
The Backyard Project
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment