Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dat Butt!

I've always had a butt.  A big butt.  Luckily I've also been small most of my life without too much effort.  This fertility journey has sure taken a toll on that, though!  I've gained over 10 pounds from different medicines and probably stress too.  I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I've been more active this past year than previous years.

It's frustrating to say the least.  I had a brief break from the weight when I was on birth control right before our IVF process started, so there's hope for me!  But now that I'm pregnant (it feels so weird typing that!) it's a whole different situation.

The only drug I'm on right now is progesterone to keep these little guys sticking around until my body is making plenty on its own.  But since all the other drugs that I was on previously revved up my ovaries to make tons of eggs so my ovaries are still huge.  And they are kind enough to send some kind of signals to my body to be bloated beyond control.

It's a blast.

I also can't do much exercising-wise because my over sized ovaries are like grapes on a vine and can get jiggled around easily which is pretty uncomfortable.  I am also worried about doing too much.  I don't want to shake these babies out!

I'm also having fun with other pregnancy symptoms like really sore breasts and some raging hormones.  Luckily for me, I've had crazy hormones with nearly every different medicine I've tried so I'm getting pretty good at knowing when it's me feeling that way vs. the hormones ramping things up.

I'm guess I'm just going to have to work on being ok with my body being very different very soon!

No comments: