May 4
Today I started my daily injections. I initially thought I'd have another Follistim pen. I was wrong. I got a whole bag of these:
Check out that needle! Pretty freakin' big! I nearly passed out when I first saw it!
But then I got a whole bunch of smaller needles so this is what I use to inject myself:
I give myself these small shots in the stomach. The only thing that really sucks is it stings! A lot! But I do feel like a nurse when I mix up my own shot from viles!
May 8
I can feel the hormones start to kick in! It's very similar to how I felt on the high doses of Clomid. I don't just get a little sad or a little mad. I get a tidal wave of sadness or anger. And my patience is microscopically thin. You should feel bad first for my husband, and second for my students!
May 13
I'm not sure if it's my hormones or really me, but there are a few things that are REALLY bothering me. There's a few things at work that are driving me batshit crazy. I've been busting my ass to get end of the year activities together and get things ready for when I'll have substitutes, and I don't feel like it's being appreciated by people who need to take notice.
There are also a few things with friendships that are really grinding on me. I think they're small things but they feel like big things and I'm not sure how to handle it. I want to call these people up and give them a piece of my mind. I want to tell them that if the roles were reversed, they'd take it as a huge insult and we'd be pretty much the most terrible and offensive people in the world.
May 15
Today I am so, so sore! I organized and headed up Track and Field Day for our school. This means that in addition to running back and forth all over the track, I was yelling my head off. After school, I planted my flowers I bought and the peonies that my mom brought me. If I ever have to dispose of a body, I won't be burying it!
Last night, Clint gave me my HCG injection. I had to use the big needle and it had to go in my butt cheek. I don't know what happened, but my butt hurts at the injection site so bad! Like a big bruise! Add that to the overall body soreness and it made for an interesting walking tour around Boonville.
Today was frantic getting things together for a sub and the busy weekend ahead. We did two walking tours of Boonville and I did my Call Me Maybe act for the talent show. It hit me at the end of the day that we'd be doing the egg retrieval tomorrow. I'm so excited and a little bit nervous!
I've been lucky that these first two weeks have flown by. I'm worried about not even having school to distract me after the implantation. Two weeks of wondering. It sounds horrible!
We have to leave our house at 5:45 in the morning to head to the doctor and it's 11:00 pm and I'm wired! I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight!
The Backyard Project
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment